Sunday, March 20, 2011

Springtime!


It's officially the first day of Spring! And oh what a beautiful day it is (at least here in Dallas). Hmmm, wondering if that means I'm going to have to get some spring cleaning done? Am I the only one who feels like procrastinating?

Here is my problem with spring cleaning. I start with the best intentions but not much time passed before I become overwhelmed then in slowly spirals into a doom spiral of despair. I am cleaning, cleaning, cleaning and every time I try to clean a new thing it opens a Pandora's box to another thing I need to clean. Soon there are things that need to be cleaned surrounding me on all sides and I feel like I am being cornered by my own dirty mess that I have inadvertently made while trying to tidy things up.

Then I give up and go watch TV.

Anyone have any good spring cleaning tips?

5 ideas on "Springtime!"

Katie said...

Try not to get overwhelmed by doing one area of a room at a time. For instance, I will do the kitchen in sections. I will do one cupboard completely before moving onto the next one and so on. Same with all of the other rooms. Good luck!

Dan said...

Pffff...cleaning. I jus don do it

Jen on March 20, 2011 at 12:50 PM said...

@Katie - Thanks for the tip..yeah I know that's what I *should* do but I think I jump around too much because I get bored.

@Dan - Yeah, but I have to clean sometimes or the place would be a mess.

Dan said...

That's what my gf is for...

elizabithroze on April 3, 2011 at 11:21 AM said...

write down every room in your house on it's own piece of paper. list the things you want to get done in each room on it's paper. don't clean on the day you write. it's too overwhelming and you won't do it. only write that day. then that way you know what you need to get done and you can give yourself a more reasonable goal rather than trying to start in the middle and work your way out. if you don't want to clean one day, then you can pick the room with the least amount of stuff on it.

Post a Comment