Wednesday, April 8, 2009

CHEAP EATS: English Muffins


So, I tried making English Muffins from scratch to save a few $$. We already make our own bread from scratch about 50% of the time (although to tell the truth I don't think it saves money but it tastes so much better than cheap bread).

At this point I am thinking it would be more beneficial to buy them from the store than to make my own. They simply didn't turn out right.
  • There were no nooks and crannies
  • It was too dense
  • It didn't seem 'done' all the way through
I will try Alton Brown's (from the Food Network's Good Eats) recipe as I have heard that it is far superior at a later date.

I was very excited but the muffins were very time consuming and just not right. Very disappointing. If I ever find a good recipe I'll let you know, but right now English muffins are not worth the time vs. the money saved.

Swagbucks Challenge Update: 31/220 Swagbucks (to earn a $20 Target Giftcard) so far!

0 ideas on "CHEAP EATS: English Muffins"

Post a Comment