Monday, April 27, 2009

Staying Motivated



Today I'm writing about something that is very personal. I know that at times everyone has felt this way, so I thought I would share.

Sometimes it is so hard to go on, and you feel like you are getting nowhere. I feel like the Israelites wandering in the desert, wondering how long I will have to wonder and if I'll ever get into the Promised Land.

I've not had to wander 40 years ... yet. I still get beat down at times. I wonder if I'm doing the right thing or if things will ever get better. I think it's hard when times are tough and you don't know what's around the next corner. It's difficult to stay motivated.

That's my problem right now, motivation. If I knew how long this would last it would be easier, but all of the uncertainty makes everything feel like all of these hard times will stretch out into eternity.

To all of my friends out there struggling through hard times. Keep the faith, and keep hope. We all go through these times and it's important to stay strong.
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10
Photo Credit to Josh Sommers

0 ideas on "Staying Motivated"

Post a Comment