Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Disney Flicks


I finally had a chance to view 3 recent Disney flicks, and I have seen them all in the last couple of weeks. I am usually the first person lined up to see a new Disney movie, but lately it seems that they fall by the side, and I don't get out the the movie theater very often with the high costs.

This is what I thought of them (from my favorite, to least)

Bolt

Wasn't expecting Bolt to be my favorite but I really liked it. It's cute and it's funny and pretty much everything I expect when I watch a Disney animated film. It had heart and it had laughs. I especially loved the cat and the hamster as the sidekicks to Bolt. Together they formed an unlikely friendship. The premise is a bit far fetched but Disney pulls it off this time.


Wall-E

Wall-E was one I've wanted to see since it came out and never got around to it. I thought it would be my favorite and I will say it is a very, very close second to Bolt, and that may only be due to the fact that I didn't expect much from Bolt and I had high expectations for Wall-E. In any case, Wall-E is super cute. It has a TON of heart. Wall-E might be the best Disney character ever. There is a not-so-subtle message about how we all rely on too much technology and are fat and lazy, but other than that it was a nice story about robot love <3. style="font-weight: bold;">


Ratatouille

I heard from lots of people that this movie was good, but a little long. I agree, but I was a bit disappointed. It was cute, but in my opinion it lacked something. It was a bit too much and it tried to have the heart but didn't quite make it. It tried, maybe too hard, to fit the cookie cutter film, and just was missing. I feel like it meandered in the middle, and I can't explain why but I just felt it the most mediocre of the 3 films (though kids will love it!).




Swagbucks Challenge Update: 53/220 Swagbucks (to earn a $20 Target Giftcard) so far!

0 ideas on "Disney Flicks"

Post a Comment